Friday, January 26, 2007

Royce Chocolates

People know that I am very serious about food.

When it comes to quality, there can be no shortchanging, and I usually demand the best. If I find that my expectations have not been met, I do get upset.

Yet time and again one thing never fails me... and that is Royce Chocolates!

I first came to know of this chocolates when Lena introduced them to me. She was working at Takashimaya selling Green Tea during my Junior College days and opposite her booth was the Royce Chocolate stall. She would head opposite to try the samples, and often return with new chocolates. Sins, Royce, Neuhaus... I've tried everything. Yet Royce is still my big favourite because of its great quality and great taste. Don't get me wrong... the other chocolates are big on quality too. But I love Royce because its texture is just amazing and you can go no wrong with it.

I love the Royce White Chocolates especially. Girls who have not tried Royce... well... I would be speechless. It's like heaven in your mouth!

When I came back from Canada, SH bought me a box of Royce Chocolates. Till today, I haven't finished the whole box because I can't bring myself to eat the whole box at one shot. Not that it's extremely expensive (though it is definitely more expensive than the average chocolate. Priced around $12-15, depending on what you buy) but the taste is so good, you can't bear to eat everything up.

The packaging of the box... For those looking to give it as a gift, they do package it too!



I love Japanese Chocolates because of the high standard. And the attention to detail! They even include a toothpick-like stick for you to pick out the chocolates!



One thing I really like about this chocolate is how the chocolate powder lies atop the chocolate, forming a fine layer of sweet heaven. When you put the piece into your mouth, you first taste the texture of the white chocolate powder, then the sweet white chocolate melts in your mouth, blending together to give you a soft, liquid substance. It's really a "mmmm" feeling when you eat it because the chocolate is really not too heavy, and the light texture is very refreshing. It's not like Sins or Godiva chocolates (though both are really good) because their texture is heavier, and you can't eat too many pieces at one shot. What is different about Sins and Godiva is that they have a more creative mix of flavours and the variety is really good. You get different sorts of flavors and fillings inside your delicate chocolate! Royce on the other hand, is great if you want a simple, light chocolate to enjoy.


See the texture is so good... yummy. A piece of this chocolate never fails to make my day a "heaven"!! :) 4.5/5 Just simply because it is SOOO good. :)

Get this at the Royce Chocolate booth at Takashimaya (at B2, where all the food stalls are, further down the aisle) or Suntec, where they have a whole store dedicated to Royce delicacies! It's at level one, Suntec Shopping Mall. :) Yummy yummy!!

I still have a box of Godiva chocolates sitting pretty on my table, precisely because of the reason that I find it too pretty to eat! :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.